Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reply screen is much too wide

Status
Not open for further replies.

audioguru

Most Helpful Member
When I reply with quote, frequently but not always the screen suddenly becomes about 1m wide and I must scroll over to the right side to find where to type my reply. I use Internet Explorer 8.

Last edited:
I had a problem a while back with way-too-large fonts in the response window; no one else suffered from the problem. It disappeared on its own a few weeks ago, but I've changed nothing on my system. I suspect there are folks hacking on the code here and occasionally introduce strange bugs or interactions. For example, AAC and Electronics Point use the same software (I believe) and I've never had any problems on their site (I see you on AAC -- do you have the same problem there?).

Last edited:
When I reply with quote, frequently but not always the screen suddenly becomes about 1m wide and I must scroll over to the right side to find where to type my reply. I use Internet Explorer 8.

You must start using **broken link removed****broken link removed**

You must start using FIREFOX!
My Internet Explorer is the latest version and works perfectly on all the other electronic chat forums and on many other sites. Only the recent changes made here screw it up. There are probably many other people with the same problem.

Let's see. My car runs perfectly on the gasoline from 6 gas stations. But one gas station causes trouble and recommends I change my engine to a (stinking and noisy) diesel.

No, you have to get a hybrid.
A hybrid car uses battery cells that do not last long. The first replacement is covered by warranty which is why a hybrid car is very expensive. The second replacement of the battery (and more replacements) cost more than the car is worth.
My 2 cents.

I've heard that with correct charging, newer batteries will typically outlast the automobile. I'll know soon enough; if I get the job I'm interviewing for, I'll have to get a hybrid to deal with Atlanta traffic gridlock.

Last edited:
Hmm...I'm not having that problem with the reply screen. I'm using Google Chrome, though.
And switching to firefox or chrome wouldn't be like having to replace your engine just because one gas station doesn't work. Switching your browser does not cost anything and may end up working on the one site that didn't work, as well as all the ones that did. Besides, FireFox and Chrome (I prefer chrome) are much faster than IE, and in some cases, even easier to navigate. They come with a lot of other benefits that you may not even know about.
I'm not telling you to switch your browser, but I'm merely offering it as a suggestion to fix this problem.
Best regards,
Der Strom

Now I am using FireFox but it does not give me a choice of "Quick reply" and does not give me a choice of "Reply with Quote".
EDIT: Now FireFox gives me the other ways to reply and it works perfectly.

Last edited:
Now I am using Internet Explorer 8 again and have the same screen too wide as before when I try to make a Reply With Quote.
It looks like this:

Attachments

• Reply screen is too wide.PNG
    Reply screen is too wide.PNG
    42 KB · Views: 262
Have you tried cleaning up your browser ( deleating cookies, etc. ) I have not seen this issue with IE8.

Now I am using Internet Explorer 8 again and have the same screen too wide as before when I try to make a Reply With Quote.
It looks like this:

The 'quick reply' is normal. You're not doing an advanced reply, so therefore it's still "quick".
I just tried a reply with quote in IE9, which is what I have on the side, and there isn't a problem. Either it's a problem with IE8 or a problem with your internet settings.

Now I am using Internet Explorer 8 again

It looks like this:

I have kept a very old version of IE (v 6.0) and don't use for browsing on that. I have tried accessing this thread on IE6 and let me paste what output I got

**broken link removed**

A bundle of Donald ducks and a Tesla is the output. LOLOLOLOL:D

I have kept a very old version of IE (v 6.0) and don't use for browsing on that. I have tried accessing this thread on IE6 and let me paste what output I got

**broken link removed**

A bundle of Donald ducks and a Tesla is the output. LOLOLOLOL:D

Hahaha, ALL HAIL GOOGLE CHROME!!! :D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back