Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Remote switch help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nclark8832

Hi I'm trying to setup a remote start for a diesel generator.

I've purchased a remote switch from eBay circuit below.
The switch has no power output as states on Instructions.

What I need to do is send a positive connection from the generator battery to a port on the back of a control panel.

If I just connect the positive from the battery it starts and stops if disconnected.

How do I wire this switch to the positive port only?

I've tryed using a multimeter and the switch works correct but for the love of I cannot figure out how to just get the switch to turn on and off the positive side of the connection.
As the panel already has power to it I dont want or think I can use anything on that with out blowing somthing as the panel is expensive and hard to get hold of, it's a datakom dkg114 FYI.

Thanks

hi,
The output from the PCB is a contact change over, there is no power from the PCB.
Would you like me to modify your drawing.?
E

Attachments

• 1ch-wiring-features.jpg.jpeg
    1ch-wiring-features.jpg.jpeg
    62.2 KB · Views: 156
That is absolutely fantastic! Your help is greatly appreciated!! I would never have though of that I was trying every which way but!

Thank you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back