Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

rejuvenating cd's

Status
Not open for further replies.

spuffock

It appears that CD's bought fifteen or more years ago suffer from a peculiar vagueness in the higher frequencies. This is caused by the slow growth of microcrystals of aluminium around the edges of the pits that constitute the digital signal. When played, this causes a small jitter in the digital signal, which leads to the vagueness mentioned.
Experiments have shown that if the disc is placed, label side up, on a conducting disc of the same diameter, which is connected to a source of high frequency,high voltage ac, the process of generation of ions will gradually etch away the microcrystals and restore the CD's original clarity.
It has been found that an ideal generator can be made from a "plasma sphere" lamp. Simply fashion a cap from cooking foil and place it over the top of the plasma sphere, wrap an old cd in foil and sit this on top, and place your CD to be rejuvenated on top, label side up. Switch on the lamp and allow to run for ten minutes, then switch off . It is important not to poke fingers at the disc or foil cap while the lamp is on, as an arc can be drawn which will certainly burn a nasty little black hole in your finger, and very likely ruin your disc as well.
Before and after listening tests performed so far seem to indicate that over 65% of people hear a distinct improvement in clarity.

Hi Spuffock,
Baloney!
I don't believe the problem, and I don't believe its "fix".

Old CD's sound "vague" because sound recording equipment and knowledge in those days were lousy.
With both the plasma sphere and the CD covered with foil, the "fix" would work just as well with the plasma sphere turned off. :lol:

When I want to remove the "slow growth of microcrystals of aluminium" around the edges of my cd's, I just put them in the microwave for 5 seconds :twisted: .
Makes for a pretty good show, but the CD's dont tolerate it too much :wink:

i would just get new ones, new growth=bad recording
i like microwaves

Best way to purify your CDs from vague aluminum microcrystals is an orgone energy projector, which channels the destructive energy of chemtrails into a purified form of healing power that can be focused directly into the CD. It will cure cancer 40% faster than colloidal silver too.

Be sure to keep your tinfoil hat on during this operation for your protection. In fact, only the crazy people take it off afterwards, the smart thing to do is keep it on all the time.

Perhaps because...

...he has joined the forum on a 31st... :?:

No, I didn't forget about gmt, what I forgot about was restoring from a disk image made before the summertime change, and having the computer put the clock forward twice. :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back