Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Record Signal (IR from pin)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it this is my RC6 Power Button
rc6off-png.29096

Attachments

• RC6Off.png
    RC6Off.png
    4.8 KB · Views: 334
Last edited:
yeah lol i did a test of most of my remote buttons... attached is png's of a few. I have one png saved as 4x zoom so i can see the timing better.

Attachments

• remote.zip
    112.4 KB · Views: 109
ok its harder than i thought. I cant figure where the Leader ends and data begins and that trailer bit omg lol such a head ache. I rather get the logic tool lol

nice! but i have to include the 12F629 now :D here is my rough draft.

ir-jpg.28779

The serial port can't provide much power so the 7805 reduces the power available to the rest of the circuit by quite a bit. The zener regulator was used to allow maximum power to the PIC and IR sensors. If you don't have a 5.1V zener, a blue (or white) and green (or yellow) LED can be used as a crude shunt regulator. See this Instructable for an IR Widget derived circuit that uses LEDs for voltage regulation.

The schematic you have drawn does not allow mode selection because only one handshake line is used for power. The mode is determined by the power up sequence of the RTS and DTR lines. RTS before DTR is time mode, and DTR before RTS is count mode. Time mode is used for IR demod modules as show in your schematic. This is not the default of the sofware, so it must be changed or no data will be received by the software.

If you want the most accurate timing info, a pulse detector like the QSE15x or just an ordinary 950 nm IR LED is a better choice than a demod module.

IR demod modules usually skew the on/off durations by an unpredictable amount. Some are optimized to minimize the asymmetry. RC5/RC6 will work best with 36 kHz modules intended for use with bi-phase/Manchester protocols. They have minimal on/off asymmetry.

heh this will never work for me. I know i have it all setup correctly. Ive dont harder things than this. For some reason it doesnt work so heh forget this. Ill wait untill i order my Logic and be happy then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back