Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Reading text in Video Signal

Status
Not open for further replies.

KDANDAVATE

Hi,
I am working on video based project. This project not involved any computer so i have to work with microcontroller to read the text in video signal. Well I am able to grab the video frame in RAM but don't understand how to read the text as it is stored in pixel values(color info also),& i want to use this text for comparison.
Can Anybody Help me Please? :(

Are you talking about OCR (optical character recognition) on the picture itself, or reading the closed caption signal embedded in the video?

The first is very difficult, if not impractical. The second is easy and I expect you can search for "closed caption" on the Web and find the embed format and probably a project which already reads it.

Yes I'm Talking about OCR(optical Character Recognition) .I've to read ID's which are there in my video signal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back