Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RE: Pulse width

Status
Not open for further replies.

markn

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the interest in my project. I have the 555 timer set up with the following resistors; 10k from 5 vdc to pin 7, 100k variable from 5vdc to pin 6, jumper from pin 2 to pin 6, and a 15uf capacitor form ground to pin 2. I am able to control the speed of the sequencing with this setup, however, the pnuematic valves which i am controlling will stay open to long with this circuit. I was hoping to find a way to change the square wave pattern from the 555 to something more assymetrical---- off 1-2 secs. on .5 second.

It doesn't sound to me as if you have the 555 wired corrrectly, but never mind.

You may know that the normal way of wiring the 555 in astable mode doesn't allow a duty cycle less than 50%. One way round this is to put a diode across the lower of the two timing resistors as shown in the diagram.

Keeping your value of 15uF for the C, if you make R1 a 22k resistor in series with a 47k variable, and R2 a 100k resistor in series with a 100k variable you will be able to adjust the on and off times independently around the figures you want.

Attachments

• 1hz-2.gif
    1hz-2.gif
    2.3 KB · Views: 292
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back