Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Re: Hitachi televisisons

Status
Not open for further replies.

micheleB

does anyone know if hitachi makes a 60 or 62" tv that is NOT an lcd?
I want it to be an hdtv, but don't need it to be an lcd. How much should i pay for this? thanks for any help.
also, is mitsubishi as good as hitachi?

micheleB said:
does anyone know if hitachi makes a 60 or 62" tv that is NOT an lcd?
I want it to be an hdtv, but don't need it to be an lcd. How much should i pay for this? thanks for any help.
also, is mitsubishi as good as hitachi?

You don't have your location filled in, so we don't have any idea what country you might be in - which probably makes a big difference.

I can only comment on the UK, both Hitachi and Mitsubishi WERE respected manufacturers, however Hitachi now buy much of their product from cheap manufacturers (instead of making it themselves), and Hitachi are now considered a reseller of cheap junk!.

Mitsubishi pulled out of the UK a number of years ago, so are essentially no longer a force in the UK.

Panasonic are supposedly in big financial problems, things aren't looking good in TV manufacture!.

Sony is probably the only large Japanese TV manufacturer doing well these days! - funnily enough they are probably the only one making all their own TV sets! (although they don't make their own VCR's).

Things in general are not looking as good in electronics as it did a decade ago, as all companies are slowing down, down sizing, out sourcing, limiting production to corner their markets, and some other things.

I have always liked LCD there is nothing wrong with a good LCD.

NEC is a good quality manufacture as far as I know they still make good stuff. I have a Multisync 17 inch LCD monitor and it quality and graphics respresentation is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back