Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

RainBird-Image

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmond

Hi Guys!

I need a schematic diagram of the RainBird-Image irrigation controller, shown on below pictures. It suffers from liquid damage. I can’t recognise some components.

Thanks.

Attachments

• A.jpg
    A.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 243
  • B.jpg
    B.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:
I doubt you will find a schematic but it would be great if you could - I have a similar model I'd like to hack.

What are the symptoms? The switch pads are pretty cheap and might need cleanup (especially the elastomeric on the button). Also, I can't tell if the photo has shadows or there is burning on several of the leads in the upper right hand part of the "solder" side of the board.

The one I have appears to use house marked mosfets.

philba said:
What are the symptoms?

The unit is totally dead. Two triacs vas shorted. The water destroys the lead of the resistors and diodes. I changed them, but nothing. The LED is lighting, that’s all. The u-controller must give power supply between the 9-24 pins. I measured 0V. I tried to trace the tracks on PCB. I found two interrupted vias. I shorted them, but nothing. Where is the voltage coming from? There are two diodes between each other (the 11-12 component counted from the left side of PCB). What are they? There is no text printed on them.

It sounds like power was applied when the unit was submerged.

If they are triacs, maybe the diodes are really trigger diacs.

Thanks for help!

I repaired it, there was some interrupted vias.
I resoldered de all PCB without thinking, and now is working!

Nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back