Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Radio Shack Job

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys just wanted to let you know Version 6 of my PDf is out. Which now includeds a BitBanged I2C. FULL CODE/COMMENTS.

I feel like throwing schematics in there also lol
Get it here:
**broken link removed**

Or in my signature: ---v

Last edited:
wow crazy story but i dont intend to fight unless the guy tries to attack me by hand meaning either he has no weapon or hes dumb

Actually telling the story reminded me of this one.

Even better.

5 drunken Indians. Number 6 hidden behind the door. Suddenly I spot his giant hand as he pulled the front door all the way open.

There before my eye's is a 6'7" 350lb indian looking at me ?

Suddenly it felt like "Little Big Horn" and Custer's Last Stand.:p

I was saved to my wife's shock as they surround me. She said: I'm calling the cops.

The Police Station was 7 blocks away. They quickly disbanded.

Later I herd the same "big" indian in separate incident overcame a police officer and handcuff him to his car and threw away the key's that earning him the nickname " Barney fife "

I swear I have the luck of the Irish.:)

kv:D

Last edited:
Hey guys just wanted to let you know Version 6 of my PDf is out. Which now includeds a BitBanged I2C. FULL CODE/COMMENTS.

I feel like throwing schematics in there also lol
Get it here:
**broken link removed**

Or in my signature: ---v

Excellent, now all I need to do is understand any of it. :D

I'm going to show one of my co-workers a Student going into Mechatronics.

He just got the pic kit 2.

Thanks, AtomSoft.

kv

Last edited:
no problem. Its still a work in progress so ... more to come soon!

I have a nice BitBang I2C i just made in there and next is SPI bitbang. Then the hardware version of both.

Then USART Bitbang and Hardware.

no problem. Its still a work in progress so ... more to come soon!

I have a nice BitBang I2C i just made in there and next is SPI bitbang. Then the hardware version of both.

Then USART Bitbang and Hardware.

Not to sound like i don't know what your really saying :p

But, will any of it help him as he is a newbie to programming. I think he will be doing some C.

kv

Edit: Just googled it Serial hence UART.

Last edited:
Yeah it has tips and code that will surely help. Lots of comments and a nice way to learn since all this stuff i put in is my own code i make sure it works 100% before i put it in.

Great I'll let-'em know. He's still stacking up his Math right now and later will be introduced to AC/DC theory from there I think he'll be into programming.

I intend on getting him there before that.

He'll be exited.

kv

Last edited:
great to here that! i hope it can help him as much as i think it can.

Comming up later on today ill add SPI (Bit Bang) with a MAX7219

The MAX7219 is a Serially Interfaced, 8-Digit LED Display Driver

EDIT
Or maybe since i have a few: AS1107

AS1107 is a 8-Digit LED Display Drivers (SPI)

Same thing but since i never used it before it will be fun :D

EDIT 2
I might do this instead for SPI : DS1305 - Serial Alarm Real-Time Clock

Last edited:
Good luck!

The local radio shack has some great guys working there and they are always very helpful (with anything not pertaining to hobby circuits :D) and it is a real pleasure to go in there and get actual personal help with a purchase. So much so that I tend to prefer to purchase many consumer electronics there. They get a lot of business from me. :)

Anyway...

You may already know this stuff -- in which case I apologize, just trying to help... but... I always found it helps to prepare for an interview -- make sure you know your strong points and can give examples of accomplishments, skills, and how you've benefited the companies you've worked for in the past. If they ask about weaknesses give 'em an example from the (distant) past of a flaw that you've since worked on and improved and tell them how you have learned and improved, etc. :) Come up with questions for them pertaining to how you can help them. It can sometimes help to ask a question like "if I were hired, tell me what a typical day would be like" -- which kind of helps get them thinking about what it'd be like with you on board. I would think if you demonstrate that you're friendly, eager to go the extra mile, interested in the job, etc., it will help.

The book that really helped me with landing one really great gig and my current stellar dream job was The Everythign Get A Job Book... great advice for all aspects of the search! Esp the interview.

Cool dream re: having your own store... hang onto the dream! You can totally make it happen!! Step by step, yknow?

Let us know how it goes!!

Michael

Late posting to the thread, but:

Good luck Jason! Like Mike (Pommie) said you've show amazing progress and hard work since being on the forum. If you bring that kind of ethic to work with you you'll blow them away.

When I was studying ju-jitsu my sensei like to quote an old martial arts joke about the best martial art for self-defence: Nike-do, or the Art of Running. At any rate if someone is trying to rob a Radio Shack, you're probably not up against a world-class criminal mind. :)

All I can say is I wish you worked at a Radio Shack near me. A few times at our local one I had the sales staff ask me to help a customer find what they were after. I should have asked for commission.

Good luck and enjoy the paycheque! (Yes, we Canadians spell that funny).

Regards,

Torben

Thanks Michael & Torben...

Ill be sure to prepare my self before the interview. Torben maybe they should have at least gave you a nice discount lol

Paycheque ... lol i expected it was correct. Fancy looking too! heh :D

If i do get the job ill be sure to enjoy the paycheque ok :D

Thanks Michael & Torben...

Paycheque ... lol i expected it was correct. Fancy looking too! heh :D

If i do get the job ill be sure to enjoy the paycheque ok :D

He's a "Canuck" you should use eh ! :D

I Couldn't resist Torbie. I was "teased" to deviation. :rolleyes:

My apologies now.:)

kv:D

I have some Canadian friends. Mostly girls but they are always saying eh! sounds like "Aye" lol i love it tho:D

i got so used to it so much i started saying it for a while lol but it where off after a while.. :D

I always wanted to visit Canada but not the city type area the main land type stuff.

B.C. or Toronto would have been nice in my friends opinion. (one of the girls is from B.C.)

I could never go there of course (jealous wife) lol

Last edited:
I got a lot of crap in school because I was bigger than the other kids and they wanted to see what I'd do. It was always the really small kids so I'm pretty sure that was the motivation. One of them even hocked a lugie on me once from the second floor walkway while I was sitting in the commons. Nothing hapened to him, but if I'd caught him and spit on his face their would have been serious reprocussions. They really should have some statute where if they meet certian criteria you can punch them, just once even.

heh yeah. I always thought this:

If i owned a island and had my own system... I would mirror a offense....

if you got caught beating up someone while robbing them. They should be allowed to beat you down.

If you shot some one ... they should be allowed to shoot you back.

if you raped someone... well time for you to get raped back.

if you killed someone there family should have the right to kill you.

just my thoughts. This would be the best for me, because i think if you know what will happen when you do bad then you know not to do bad. If i can hurt someone and just do jail time then heh its like a timeout.... it doesnt affect the person much.

There are times you cant mirror like.. if a bum steals from a store. He should then be put to work or something like that.

If a guy steals Cable TV or something he should not be jailed but he should be put to work for the company cleaning bathrooms or something untill they debt is paid back.

stuff like that.

I have hacked before and stuff. but heh i never hurt no one or data. I did it just to see if i was able to. i never altered data and never spread data. I didnt anything bad but invade privacy you can say. And for that i got punished you can say lol i stood like a whole year without internet.

Now i do good... i learned my lesson :D

I have a theory that the people who were picked on in school tend to believe in an eye for an eye type justice more than the people who weren't. People only stopped picking on me after everyone started thinking I was nuts and when I started doing things like whipping apples at their heads after they threw apples at me.

Last edited:
Yeah, I got people to think I was crazy too, but the problem with that is people think your crazy.

One time, this kid spit his gum in my bag of chips. I reacted, and quite justly I feel, by smashing the bag of chips and dumping it, complete with gum, into his preppy, rich boy hair, and giving it a good tussle just to mash it in. haha, the gum got stuck, along with bits of greasy potato chip. And all I had to do was clean up the bits of chip off the floor, which i feel was fair, it wasn't the janitors fault.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back