Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

R/C Plane questions???

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarveyH42

Banned
Late last night, my brother dump off a new toy for me to play with... A rather large R/C plane, Midwest Aero Sport .60, no engine, tank, or batteries. Aside from a few minor tears in the plastic covering, body and wings seem to be in great shape. Basically, I was just looking for some servos, not the whole plane. Feel a little guilty about striping the electronics. This thing is big, wing span must be about 5 feet (chest high to me) maybe 16 inches wide. Body about 4 feet tip to tail. Will takes some pictures over the weekend.

The reciever needs some work, antenna wire is cut/broken off, Should be a simple solder job. Was going to drive the servos of an AVR anyway, but since I've got the 4 channel transmitter and reciever, would save me a lot of work. The servo under the wing moves freely, figure its good. The other three have rusted linkage cables and no movement. Will work on that this weekend.

This seems like an older plane, haven't found much about the model yet. Need to pull the reciever and servos to get part numbers. Don't have much R/C experience, mostly helecopter (flight times measured in seconds...). Just curious about what such a large plane is worth, and whether its more for an advanced pilot, or okay for a beginner. Thinking it might be cool to use an electric motor instead of gas. It's really a nice looking plane, but probably needs a lot of room to fly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back