Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quiz competition game circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rizwan606

Hello...I want to create a Quiz competition game circuit that also adds the scores of the players right answer's for questions,and subtracts the scores of wrong questions...I have tried to find this circuit,but the only one available is the circuit that only tells which player pressed the button first,,I want this circuit to be extended and also add/subtract the scores using BCD/Binary adders and subtractors,,,Any help will be great to me..

By far the easiest way to do that is with a microprocessor.

Doing that with discrete adders, subtracters, etc. will give a very complex circuit.

Yes,,BUt we are not allowed to use already designed circuits,,So if you can please upload a circuit which i can make on breadboard, It will be very helpful,,I have tried to make the circuit but it does not work

How would you detect a right or wrong answers? What logic ICs can you use? There are TTL and CMOS up-down counter chips that take pulse inputs and increment or decrement a binary or BCD output.

The moderator has two buttons..RIGHT and WRONG. These increment or decrement up-down counters/displays for all the contestants. The circuit for the first-in contestant's light enables that counter for only that contestant's display.

Just a thought.

ken

Last edited:
Since the scoring circuit would be an add-on to an existing Jeopardy circuit, in my mind, what circuit would you use for that? How many players? How many total points? Are negative points allowed?

Ken

Last edited:
Well, The circuit will be for two players , Total points 10, and negative points only if wrong answer is given by a player

Quiz Competition Game

I want to get some information about the game..
there where will be a host who ask a question...INp 1
a person who will answer ....INp 2
the logic is that if INp 1 and INp2 will be input to an XNOR gate...if output is 1 it means the user gave a correct answer..

we will pass that answer to an BCD adder that will add each time and then show it on BCD to 7 segment decoder..MY question is ..Is there any way to store the wrong and correct answer by the user?
we will ask total of 10 questions from the user

Rizwan606
Well, The circuit will be for two players , Total points 10, and negative points only if wrong answer is given by a player

Do you really want the counter/display to read "-1" if the first answer is wrong?

I want to get some information about the game..
there where will be a host who ask a question...INp 1
a person who will answer ....INp 2
the logic is that if INp 1 and INp2 will be input to an XNOR gate...if output is 1 it means the user gave a correct answer..

we will pass that answer to an BCD adder that will add each time and then show it on BCD to 7 segment decoder..MY question is ..Is there any way to store the wrong and correct answer by the user?
we will ask total of 10 questions from the user

How many feet in a mile? Is an ohmo an animal, vegetable, or mineral? Who was the first Secretary General of the UN?
With these questions and near infinite possible answers, what logic would you need to establish the true/false logic levels for INp1 and INp2? Do you visualize the game as a "multiple choice test" of: is "A" or "B"correct ?

Ken

Last edited:
umm..yes it will display -1 for first wrong answer,,,,if it will not display -1,it will be fine too,in second case it will only subtract,if the player has already some score,,,Both options will work

I have to ask...is this a school project? Demo's of a concept can be easier to create than a device that has long term use in a larger venue.
2-contestant circuits is easier than multiple-contestant ones. 0-9 scoring is much more simple than 0-10. Positive and negative scoring is much more difficult than just positive. So....?

Ken

Last edited:
well,yes it is a school project..2-contestant circuit is good,0-9 score is fine too..and only positive scoring will also be fine...If i can get this circuit, i will have an idea to further improve it for negative scoring as well

Hummmm...You give me specs...I design a circuit to those specs...you get a grade. I design and build things for a living...and get paid for it. I come here to help people who make the effort to start a project and need a little info or encouragement along the way. How about you get started on the simple 2-contestant Jeopardy circuit, and post what you have. Find or design one you like, breadboard and test it, then we can discuss the add-ons. I may be asking questions that you can only answer from the breadbord and what you've learned, but not from links. ;)

Keep pluggin' away! :)

Ken

Last edited:
Echoing Bill! How about posting what you have tried that didn't work. That's a good place to start. Then we can talk about that.

Ken

mike,

I think the operant term there was "will". ;)

Ken

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back