Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Quinne-MCClusky simplification

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've solved my problem in this way:

1- i have to find prime implicants for minterms

ABC'=110X (where x indicates don't care values which is here D)
ACD'=1X10
A'B'D=00X1
B'CD=X011
A'C'D=0X01

then i've arranged them upstairs according to the number of 1's(just for arrangement):

00x1
0x01
x011
1x10
110x

I found p-implicants by combining pairs of them that can be combined so p-implicants are:

0xx1
x0x1

2- I have to find essential prime implicants as follows:

p-implicants minterms
00x1 0x01 x011 1x10 110x

0xx1 * *
x0x1 * *

the essential p-implicants are those who have single one in the column
so they are: 0xx1, x0x1

3- find the minimal subset of the remaining covering the uncovered with single one in a column, so we have one column that contains that subset and we should select on of the items in that column , let us choose the upper one (0xx1) , note: here's no matter whether to select the upper or the lower one causer they both will give use the same result as follows:

result=A'D+B'D+ A'D (or B'D)

Both will give us according to the property A+A=A :

result=A'D+B'D=(A'+B')D

I'm not sure yet of my solution there may be some errors, could you check it?!

thank a lot!
best regrads!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back