Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pulse width

Status
Not open for further replies.

markn

Hello Friends,

I have built a solenoid valve sequencer using a 555 timer, cmos 4017 counter and some solid state relays. My question is, how can i shorten the time the valves stay open. The timer is set up for approximately 1 hz, I would like to have the pulse width on for about 2 milliseconds.

can hte valve "mechanically" react that fast??? very doubltful

but tho change the timing you just need to change a resistor (or cap, whatever more convient) post the 555 cct with values

markn said:
Hello Friends,

I have built a solenoid valve sequencer using a 555 timer, cmos 4017 counter and some solid state relays. My question is, how can i shorten the time the valves stay open. The timer is set up for approximately 1 hz, I would like to have the pulse width on for about 2 milliseconds.

Do you want to maintain the frequency at 1Hz?

(Do bear in mind what Styx asked.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back