Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pulse Train to Sine Wave help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GregSmyth

Hello I am trying to convert a pulse train signal to a sine wave, or close as possible to a sinusoidal wave. I am trying to output the frequency that the pulse train carries to a speaker that will generate the sound associated to the frequency. (Tryin to make an audio sound from the pulse train)

I am currently using an DAC chip and a voltage to frequency chip.

Is there any way to accomplish this with a more basic/cheaper circuit?

The output has to sound close as possible to the actaul note.

Thanks
Greg

There are a number of different ways to implement a sine wave generator... To get a clean "note", Im assuming you mean no harmonics. Heres a good circuit that might fit what you need:

**broken link removed**

that looks like it would be perfect, but the only input I could give it would be pulse train (no negative values) wave, not a full square wave, if i could gain the negative parts back from the pulse train I could use it right?

Thanks for the post!

Basically I am trying to convert an 8-bit binary number to a sinusoidal frequency for a speaker. The ouput from my DAC is from 0v to 5v in steps of around .020v increments and I need to implement sine waves from 200Hz-1000Hz. And I just cant determine how to convert the output voltage to a frequency. If there is an easier way to just control frequency with a voltage that would be ideal.......

I want to input 00000000 and get 200Hz, and 11111111 and get around 1000Hz (or less)

amplitude for the frequency wouldnt really matter in the conversion, i could just put it through an audio op-amp

Thanks for the help

Hi again,
Do a google search for a "tuned circuit bandpass filter" and see what you come up with...
I would consider using a PIC with a built-in DAC. That would take care of everything at once, and software adjustability is only a PC away!
Are you using a MIDI? It sounds like it may be fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back