Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PSoC express, anyone get this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

philba

I saw this free offer **broken link removed** and 2 days later this **broken link removed** showed up in my mail. wow. great service and $100 of get hardware. 2 complete boards and the programmer. Not bad.

The down side is that there is no free C compiler. For you folks that don't like programming, this thing has a graphical program construction IDE (PSoC Express). I built several applications with zero programming.

I was really warming up to the chip when I discovered that the C compiler has no demo mode. You have to pay it, sigh. I'll have to experiment a bit more to see if I like it enough to spiff $150. can't complain too much, I did get a lot of HW free....

There is an IDE with an assembler in addition to the express software so it's not a complete loss.

There is a lot to like in the PSoC chips. you can even reassign chip pins. talk about making for easy PCB layout.

I don't know if any of these units are left but anyone interested should give it a shot. I know several people in Australia received theirs so international shipments are ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back