Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Progrmming PIC16F84A

Status
Not open for further replies.

amady

Can or not i'm using 12 volt instead 13 volt during burning to the IC

amady said:
Can or not i'm using 12 volt instead 13 volt during burning to the IC

The spec usually quotes 12V, but for reliability I would advise using 13V, often 12V isn't quite enough - if it works fine with your 12V and the PIC you are using, fair enough. But it may not work with all PIC's.

gogo2520 said:
DIY Electronics KIT81 calls for 18 volts dc or 13 volts ac

DIYK81 requires 14+ volts(dc).......but the PIC16F84A only requires 5v(dc) to operate.......

HANDzCLEANx said:
gogo2520 said:
DIY Electronics KIT81 calls for 18 volts dc or 13 volts ac

DIYK81 requires 14+ volts(dc).......but the PIC16F84A only requires 5v(dc) to operate.......
to operate yes.. but he was talking about programming the part..

Thank!

Thank all my friend... i was use my laptop and it work with RCD programmer... my laptop supply 10V and can be use for burning...

Re: Thank!

amady said:
Thank all my friend... i was use my laptop and it work with RCD programmer... my laptop supply 10V and can be use for burning...

Don't forget, it's providing plus and minus 10V, giving a total of 20V, 10V isn't enough to program a PIC.

Re: Thank!

Nigel Goodwin said:
amady said:

Don't forget, it's providing plus and minus 10V, giving a total of 20V, 10V isn't enough to program a PIC.

Thank nigel for your advice... actually i was try a simple program to turn on and off led and it work!

williB said:
congradulations..!!
It's really cool when it does what you programmed it to do..

Thank you....

What next?

It just my hobby, just to gain my knowledge... after this I try to make LED flasher... anyway i don't has any idea yet... you has a good website to make my hobby more interesting?

williB said:
Nigel has a great site with lots of interresting stuff on there..

Thanks...

Nigel was use 16F628... but i'm using 16F84A... so how i want to modified the program (.asm)... ?? :?:

amady said:
williB said:
Nigel has a great site with lots of interresting stuff on there..

Thanks...

Nigel was use 16F628... but i'm using 16F84A... so how i want to modified the program (.asm)... ?? :?:

The differences are very slight, there's a couple of lines included to make the 16F628 more like an 84 - these are commented and should be removed for an 84, you should also alter the header and config settings.

But the main problem is the lack of I/O pins on an 84, far better to use it's modern replacement (the 628) rather than the obselete 84 - particularly as the 628 is considerably cheaper.

The differences are very slight, there's a couple of lines included to make the 16F628 more like an 84 - these are commented and should be removed for an 84, you should also alter the header and config settings.

But the main problem is the lack of I/O pins on an 84, far better to use it's modern replacement (the 628) rather than the obselete 84 - particularly as the 628 is considerably cheaper.

Actually now i'm try to modified your .asm file... then the cct also.. when i'm finished all this thing i will publish on web with your permission... :p

That the 16F84A need external ossicalator like RC...??? What about 16F628??

amady said:

Actually now i'm try to modified your .asm file... then the cct also.. when i'm finished all this thing i will publish on web with your permission... :p

Feel free to do so, but please supply a link to my tutorials 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back