Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem with button commmand (microcontroller)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nandax

hello..
now i'm busy with pickit2 and would like to use button to interact with microcontroller and using realterm to display the character.
when i am applying hexa code 0x20, for space function. when i test it , it does move the cursor, but it doesnt move the character, instead it erase the character.
is any body know why?
and any body know what is the hexa code for arrow keys?

realterm i assume is a terminal program... Do you have any code to show? Are you using button to send a space to the terminal? What exactly is the button for?

realterm i assume is a terminal program... Do you have any code to show? Are you using button to send a space to the terminal? What exactly is the button for?

real term is like hyper terminal program, I send the space command and expect in the real term is moving cursor.
do u know the ascii code for moving arrow?

as you said a 0x20 is space if its not moving the cursor then maybe it is the terminal program itself or your code. That why i asked to show some relative code.

I never used real term so... ill try it to see if i have the same issue.

EDIT:

The realTerm works nice!:
Code:
USART SETUP COMPLETE. 
SPI SETUP COMPLETE. 
TX-Filled, RX-Cleared. 
Looking For Card...
Please Insert Card...
Card Found...

Card Initialization: Passed. 
Sector 0 Read: Failed. 
Sector 0 Read: Passed. 

/********** SECTOR 0 DATA **********/ 

Reserved Sectors: 36 
Number of Sectors Per FAT: 30 
Bytes Per Sector: 512 
Number of Copies of FAT: 2
Media Descriptor (F8h for Hard Disks): 248 
Serial Number of Partition: 3994942524 

/**********    Data END   **********/ 

Done!

Thats using my SD project. It was just a test. The Space works fine. Can you post your code ..

only the part you use to send and receive USART stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back