Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Problem by an AVR POV!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zesla

Hello guys,

I am newbie In AVR and microcontroller Field.

I just went to make this POV which its heart is ATtiny2313 and uses the Parallel port of PC to be programmed:
Download MiniPOV2 - Persistance of Vision Toy with Kit

Anyway I built it on a veroborad. I just did not know how to to use WINAVR/AVRDUDE to program the chip so I went to use PonyProg to do so:

When I programmed the chip by ponyprog and used the original codes given by the original designer:
https://www.ladyada.net/media/minipov2/minipov2 firmware.zip
I faced a problem. When I did so my leds ars blinking and seem the work just right but when I shaked the POv to create the letters I could not see any cleard letter.
I do not know the reason but I want to ask you if thats due to the PONYPROG which I used instead of WINAVR/AVRDUDE? My only guess is that mybe I should do something regarding the clock (the clock time is internal) of the circuit somehow? Pnyprog has nothing to adjust the clocks. I am not sure but maybe they adjust something in WINAVR/AVRDUDE (specially regarding clock pulses) which I am not aware of and so do not affect it on ponyprog so I face the said problem?

Thanks for any help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back