Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Preview release of fuper basic

Status
Not open for further replies.

fuper

Here is the initial release of my basic interpreter.

It doesn't do much now, it cannot interact with the
hardware yet and it is not interactive either.

If/when its' finished you'll be able to program it
using a terminal program over a serial connection. The basic implementation here is similar to 8 bit basics from 30 years ago.

It comes complete with Source code and is released in open source. Originally based on an implementation of Basic by Adam Dunkels, but heavily modified now by me.

It "compiles" the basic code suitable to be executed on the virtual machine that then executes the code. each instruction is either 8 or 16 bits long.

I only ask that if you find this useful [I cannot imagine it is useful yet to anyone since it only runs one simple program and spews debug information] is that you don't sell AVR chips pre-programmed with this software. Outside of that do whatever you want with it.

Attachments

• fuper-0.zip
    95.3 KB · Views: 239
Latest release

Here's a newer version. I cleaned up the zip, it was referencing the wrong files so you couldn't compile. This should compile fine on avrstudio 4.18

You can now minimally set output pins with the following new commands;

pin pin, direction
low pin
high pin

Where pin is the pin # and direction is 1 for output, 0 for input.

To set pin 1 to hih you would do

pin 1,1
high 1

The low command is screwed up and the registers won't clear properly this is just a work in progress.

Attachments

• fuper-1.zip
    103.6 KB · Views: 236
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back