Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Press n Peel & SMDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
thanks i was waiting for you to come online to ask where can i purchase the white connector that came with the junebug? I havent used mines in fear of mess up and no replacement lol.

ok thanks a bunch. I feel like going to canada now. I got a neice up there. My wife knows where im not good with names lol

EDIT: 1:13am Gota sleep back hurts cya in the morning/afternoon/night lol (basically 8-12 hr from now)

Last edited:
AtomSoft said:
Drilled:
**broken link removed**

Good Job.

Hand drilling is not easy. Try etching the board then drilling it. There is a Eagle ULP called drill-aid. Drill-aid will fill in the center of each pad leaving a small open area just large enough to center the drill bit. It asks you what size hole to leave. The drill will center on the small hole just as if you center punched it.

While doing board layout type "run drill-aid" in the command line area. It wil create a new layer with the copper needed to modify the pads. You can turn this layer on and off just like the others.

I use this ULP program when I drill boards using CNC. If the drill is not quite centered it ensures that you have copper all the way around the hole.

Attached is a pdf of a board with and witout drill-aid. I left it in color but if printed black and solid it will produce the wanted foil pattern. The images are not blank, you need to scroll down and maybe enlarge to view them.

Attachments

• ssenp.pdf
    6 KB · Views: 203
  • ssenp_drill_aid.pdf
    8.1 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
thanks since i hand drill i use a nice pref board from radio shack to line up holes and then i clamp together and drill through the hole to the new one

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back