Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Potassium Nitrate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you tell us WHY you would want to do that????????

a BOMB!!!!!:eek:

try eating it and see what comes out the other end

Well I'm quite sure that this thread has been intercepted and logged either here in the US or in Australia by that clandestine entity that monitors all internet traffic and communications otherwise ... you think I'm joking? Not!

Besides, that newly registered poster's question is in the wrong arena ... this isn't a chemistry forum. I will mention that the military used to drain large piles of dung to catch the drippings that produced the nitrate. Potassium Nitrate is used in matches and stage pyrotechnics.

He could simply stick a banana in the potted plants if he needs more potassium!

somehow i doubt that he has a fish tank. gunpowder seems a lot more "sensible" idea...

Doesn't really matter what the OP's intent, the destructive uses for KNO3 is well known, and there would be no way to limit how other people might use the information. Considering the number of daily suicide bombings (where do they find all those volunteers, shouldn't they run out of people eventually?), this isn't a good topic to discuss.

I think the days of home chemistry are well past, too many terrorists and drug labs.

A random thought occured to me.

Could it be that some of these threads started by unknown "one posters" asking for information on topics which could have "black" uses, are actually started by government spooks who are on a fishing expedition to see what bites?

JimB

PS, I get lots of helicopters flying over my house, but so far none of them are black!

JimB said:
A random thought occured to me.

Could it be that some of these threads started by unknown "one posters" asking for information on topics which could have "black" uses, are actually started by government spooks who are on a fishing expedition to see what bites?

JimB

PS, I get lots of helicopters flying over my house, but so far none of them are black!

I know a site that's running a special on tin foil hats, let me know if your in need ;)

Lefty

For a while every night from 10PM to 3AM we had helicopters hovering over our town. Turns out it's a great way to catch drunken drivers. Unfortunately it's also a good way to keep an entire town awake.

I don't think that would be allowed where I live due to the noise pollution laws.

justDIY said:
didn't have a thread debating 'The Man' being above the law a little while back?

Yes, wasn't the conclusion that if you outlaw donuts then only the outlaws would have donuts ?

Lefty

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back