Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Portable cigarette lighter running of AA batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you ever get this to work for the herb vaporizer purpose?

Also, the AA-powered electric cig lighter is actually a product that exists. Or used to - I used to have one. It worked "ok" as I recall, barely lit the cig and yes drained the batts pretty quick.

You could just use a 9v battery (about the size of 2 AAAs), the steel wire as an element, and a momentary push-button switch in series. Of course, this is just in theory (I can't say I've ever done this before;) ) I know that a dead-short on a 9v battery for a few seconds doesn't really harm it at all.
Good luck!
Der Strom

Why do you need a lighter? Are you one of the few smokers still alive trying to kill yourself and nearby people with cigarettes?

Why do you need a lighter? Are you one of the few smokers still alive trying to kill yourself and nearby people with cigarettes?

You have a good point, there....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back