Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee help !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

spark727

Can anyone help me please, i need a schematic of a car speedometer with a DIGITAL (3 digits) AND LED display (with about 60 led's), what displays simultaneously. :)

Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee help !!:(

Read the previous post, don't be so bloody lazey.

????

What previous report????

please let me know, i am by far not lazy.

:)

As i said, i am gratefull for any help:rolleyes:

At the top, there is a search menu. Click on it and search for speedometers. This topic has been posted on the forum before and members feel it a waste to rewrite an existing book.

If you have any queries that have not been clarified in other posts, post again.

NEED help for Digital Speedometer

Hi People,
here is the Speedometer i would like to build, and need your help to it.

tacho-3-jpg.8190

I went trough all the postings, and all i could a find is a part of it https://martybugs.net/electronics/speedo.cgi

now i would need the schematic of the LED's, so i could combine the two circiuits together, OR somebody has maybe some better solution, PLEASE uyou are most welcome

but thanks a lot for that posting anyway, its a start.......... thank you:p

Attachments

• TACHO 3.jpg
    TACHO 3.jpg
    133.6 KB · Views: 648
Do you need a circuit to drive the 100 LEDs in a bar graph?
Have you ever seen an LED display outside when the sun is shining? It is difficult to see unless there is a big, ugly shade over it.

yes Uncle,
i need a schcematic to drive does "100 LED's", and thats why the speedometer is buid in digital as well.

And if you noticed, in some older cars they even made LCD, where u can see only blck on gray, what is much less efficiant, but used anyway................,
BUT i build already some other devices, and they are realy "a cool" issue, and usefull.
Soonest the car is compleeted, i will post the pictures of the whole dashboard in here, (pictured by day and by night), so will you see the efficiency of the instruments.;)

hang loose
and thanks:rolleyes:

The electronics for turning on 100 LEDs is easy but it takes many ICs.
What do you have as a speed sensor?

I don't have any yet, i just have some suggestions, like the one i posted from Martin, and maybe its a very good idea, because magnets have a long live, .............. and i am realy a nuts in matters of Digital, so ANY good suggestion and good function is welcome.

Please shoot, let it out, what do you have in mind:p ,

thanks uncle;)

I didn't see Martin's post.
There are two ways to make an accurate speed sensor for your car:
1) Drag your bare foot on the street outside your car and measure the loudness of your screams with a microphone.
2) Drag a heavy piece of iron on the street behind your car and measure the brightness of the sparks with a phototransistor.

First I thought about using a 5th wheel or a windmill driving a generator, but they aren't good.

also you could try to find a speedometer that police uses (you know that gun). aim that towards your car and there is a display allredy built on it. you get a perfect result and if you have a policeman sitting beside you you could even give someone ticket for speeding. alsoyou could mesure the speed by reading how fast houses/trees/cars pass you. it's all math. 5th wheel or a block of iron might be better, but i reccon that my ways are a bit cheaper (and easyer).

also you can try google. it has a LOTS AND LOTS!!! circuits that you are searching. try to do AT LEAST SOMETHING YOURSELF MAN!!!

i think here is a reasonable idea for the sensor speedo_sensor_tunnel.png and the circuit SPEDO 4.jpg, so it maybe changes your mind from the 5th wheel - to.................. ????

and i hope some lights will turn on

BUT: as i said, i am gratefull for any help

thanks guys:eek:

(P.s. i am googeling since week's, and could not find yet what i want, there is always either or, but but non what i am looking for, AND thats the reason i am here and asking for help )

bloody-orc said:
also you could try to find a speedometer that police uses (you know that gun). aim that towards your car and there is a display allredy built on it. you get a perfect result and if you have a policeman sitting beside you you could even give someone ticket for speeding. alsoyou could mesure the speed by reading how fast houses/trees/cars pass you. it's all math. 5th wheel or a block of iron might be better, but i reccon that my ways are a bit cheaper (and easyer).

You just go down the highway with a stopwatch and count mile markers. 60 sec apart=60mph. If you have an odometer reading- which is trivial to add if you have used a microcontroller- then you can just see what it thinks 1 mi is versus the mile markers and tweak it appropriately.

You are not going to make a bar graph with about 100 LEDs with that very fuzzy schematic of a 7-segment display circuit. You need an LM2907 or LM2917 tachometer IC and a bunch of LM3914 bar-graph driver ICs.

here is a circuit of a tach but can be converted for speedo app there is 7 pages so if that what your looking for let me know and will send them to you by email only.

Attachments

• digitachspeedo.jpg
    digitachspeedo.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 308
Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back