Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic16c57c programmer

Status
Not open for further replies.

david_mora

hi people, i got a problem and i need some help. I'm form Peru and here you can not find pic16f57 but pic16c57c. I already have a programmer that support ICSP, but pic16c57c doesn't, so i need a programmer for pic16c57c. Can you get me some web pages to build one????
thanks a lot.

david_mora said:
hi people, i got a problem and i need some help. I'm form Peru and here you can not find pic16f57 but pic16c57c. I already have a programmer that support ICSP, but pic16c57c doesn't, so i need a programmer for pic16c57c. Can you get me some web pages to build one????
thanks a lot.

The 16C57C is a parallel programmed OTP chip, it's supported by the PICStart+, but needs an adaptor - see https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2004/11/etn22.pdf.

There don't seem to be many (if any at all) home built programmer designs for parallel chips, no demand for them! - it seems really strange that MicroChip still have such an antique in production, presumably they are really cheap?.

Why don't you use a more modern PIC instead?, is it a cost problem for large production runs?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back