Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PIC 16f877a and PDIUSBD12

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hesam Kamalan

hi,
i want to use PIC16f877a and PDIUSBSD12 (philips) for connecting PIC to computer via USB port,in my project.
in schimatic, i connected GND of my board to GND of USB connector but i don't know whether conncet VCC of board to VCC of USB port or not?
if answer is no, should i connect VCC of PDIUSBD12 to board or VCC of USB connector?
guide me please. thanks

Usually devices with different power sources are connected only to common ground, consult datasheet and usb literatures (more headaches to come).

in schematic, i connected GND of my board to GND of USB connector but i don't know whether conncet VCC of board to VCC of USB port or not?
You would only connect the board's Vcc line to the USB 5V line if you intended to power your "board" via the USB. If the board has it's own 5V power supply, then you would power the board and the PDIUSBD12 with that and NOT join the Vcc's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back