Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

pic 16f622a

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan1

Hi I have a pic 16f622a in my immobiliser in my 4wd landcruiser ute and I think the microcontroller chip has worn out as the immobiliser doesn't read correctly most times the relays just turn the indicators off and on repeatedly. The transmitter is a microchip keelog type but I don't think that is the problem. What I'm proposing is to disammble the code on the 16f622a and transfer the code onto a 16f628a chip, but I can't find any reference to the chip in winpicprog or any other programming software. I wonder if this chip is that old no programmers support it anymore. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

cheers Bryan

bryan1 said:
Hi I have a pic 16f622a in my immobiliser in my 4wd landcruiser ute and I think the microcontroller chip has worn out as the immobiliser doesn't read correctly most times the relays just turn the indicators off and on repeatedly. The transmitter is a microchip keelog type but I don't think that is the problem. What I'm proposing is to disammble the code on the 16f622a and transfer the code onto a 16f628a chip, but I can't find any reference to the chip in winpicprog or any other programming software. I wonder if this chip is that old no programmers support it anymore. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

I've not heard of a 16F622A, but there is a 16C622A, both the latest beta of WinPicProg and ICProg support it.

PIC's though are extremely reliable devices, it's most unlikely to have failed, and if it had you probably couldn't read the code from it anyway.

It's also very likely to be code protected as well, which would prevent you reading it, even it was OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back