Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Personal Interview

Status
Not open for further replies.

kemo0o

Hey Guys ;

I am Going to be interviewed ( Personal Interview ) for an organization but i don't have background about interviews so if you can help me by adding models of questions and their answers :)

- I Googled :p alot but if some one has been interviewed before can inform us about the climate of the interview also share his experience

Hi Kemo,

there are some basic rules to follow when being interviewed:

Never put your feet on the desk of the interviewer. Sit straight but not tight. Don't answer using your arms and hands.

If the interview is carried out by a professional pychologist he will arrange seating order to have his face on the dark side and yours on the bright side of the room to be able to observe your reactions on certain questions.

Interviews often contain questions interfering with the privacy of the interviewed person, "shot" at you after a period of relaxation. Don't give a wrong answer. In that case just refuse the answer telling the interviewer, that the answer is not his business and you consider the question being abusive. You have to say that clearly and distinctively. By asking such questions the interviewer simply wants to find out how far somebody could go to "play" with you when you are under stress. (He never expects an answer to those questions anyway, because he wouldn't answer them as well.)

Speak loudely and clearly, but don't shout or mumble. If the interviewer asks you to repeat a sentence because he couldn't grasp it audibly adapt speaking so it won't happen again. Don't answer just using single words. Make hole sentences without making stories.

E.g. "Do you like sailing?" Wrong answer: "Yes", correct answer: "Yes, I do." (Or: "I don't like sailing at all.")

Being asked for your hobbies don't give an answer about raising any animals.

I ran into an interviewer once and told him I like breeding pigeons. He replied breeding pigeons is kind of idiotic watching the pigeons circle over the house and dropping their poops on my head, but instead I should breed dogs. He got so excited about it that he didn't stop talking. To finish that idiotic conversation I replied: "OK, I'll go ahead and breed pigeons and have them poop on my head; you're going to breed dogs and have the puppies pie on your feet." He was healed immediately. :)

Unnecessary to say something about your clothing when being interviewed. Don't show up wearing worn out jeans and shoes - and don't wear a 1,000$ suit either. The latter will disappoint the interviewer because he can't afford a 1,000$ suit. :D

Regards

Hans

Last edited:
Hey Guys ;

I am Going to be interviewed ( Personal Interview ) for an organization but i don't have background about interviews so if you can help me by adding models of questions and their answers :)

- I Googled :p alot but if some one has been interviewed before can inform us about the climate of the interview also share his experience

If you are planning to work for others for a living, as opposed to consulting, read the books on Employees' rights and Employers' rights. Nolo Press has some of these.
You will not be happy when you read what is in these books.

Google the daylights out of the company and its principals. Know this info cold.
Google "v. [company name]" to look for lawsuits.
Google "class action" [company name]

At first the interview is about what you can do for the company. Then it shifts to what they can do for you.

Be prepared for questions for which there is no perfect answer; just the best of bad choices.

Companies will tolerate nice guys who know nothing over competent guys unless they are in dire need.

All companies want to know if you can do the job and if you will do the job.
Some also want to know if you are desperate. The best way to avoid being desperate is to have a second, independent source of income.

If they name a salary range, ask if they are making you an offer. If they name any numbers, ask if they are making you an offer.
Always have them name the first number. If they ask you what you want in money, say it depends on what work you will be doing.

If they do name a number, repeat it back to them and then look thoughtful for as long as you can stand it.
Sometimes they raise the value without you saying anything!

If they fall silent during the interview, they want you to fill the silence with something that they can use, like you're being willing to work for less money. Don't fill the silence!
Let them fill it!

Last edited:
Thanks alot for Your replies but the main point i search for is the personal questions
all You mentioned is very important info. i will save it and try to do

So this is for a job interview?
**broken link removed**

But the boss will think your really cool if you ask him if they got any hot secretaries working there. He might take you to a strip bar. You'll be a shoe in.

My 2 cents... Go in and be relaxed also make sure that they know your confident in what you know "You know what you know" but not cocky or that you know everything. I know guys that don't give themselves credit for what they know (many times they SHOULD get the job but don't). Also guys that "know everything" and brag about it (wind up either getting the job and shouldn't or turn off the boss during the interview). Good luck!

My advice: never answer the questions too fast. It much better to give an answer after 5/10 seconds reflexion than give a stupid unrational answer.

Saying "i don't know, sorry" is also sometimes a very good answer.

best of luck kemo

My advice: never answer the questions too fast. It much better to give an answer after 5/10 seconds reflexion than give a stupid unrational answer.

Saying "i don't know, sorry" is also sometimes a very good answer.

best of luck kemo

thanks ikalogic for the advice

Hi kemo0o how was the interview what happened?

Or waiting for a call from them as tells to many other?

Until now i am waiting for them but i promise when i do it i will post all what happened

Best wishes For me :D:p Also you Wish for me the best :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back