Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

PCB Footprints- What is a BSC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dknguyen

Most Helpful Member
Hi. What is this BSC "unit" that I see in the datasheets for specifying IC package dimensions?

BSC Basic Spacing between Centers (integrated circuit package dimension)

from Google

oh...so if something says 1 BSC it still means it's in mm or inches, etc? Not some weirdo other unit?

Might as well throw this question into this thread too since I've been making too many queston threads lately and this one isn't so important.

I need some high current diodes, but I dont need anything else and from all the discount places like Glitchbuster, I can only get MOSFETs able to carry the current I need >10A. If I connected them backwards to use as diodes instead, what do I do with the gate? I just connect it to the source (for NMOS) or drain (for PMOS)?

Last edited:
I just connect it to the source (for NMOS) or drain (for PMOS)?
It would go to the source in both the NMOS and the PMOS....
The drain source diodes are only good for slow speed switching same as a general purpose diode would be. You can't use them in a 100Khz switching power supply.

Oops, yeah that's what I mean: source for both. It makes it useless for reversed polarity protection if I connect the drain-gate of a PMOS.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back