Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

!!! Open Your Mercedes with your Pocket PC !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the picture of the PCB it is just a transmitter, no rolling codes.
You could connect a CRO to the led and read the code off the screen.

If you want a PDA to work as your remote the best way would be to write a program that will record your remote through the IR reciever and play the recording back on the IR LED, there is no need to know what the code is this way. If you could modify a media player to make a .WAV work on a IR port instead of speaker/mic that would work. A univeral TV/Video remote should work ok too if you lose the PDA.

IR leds (remotes, etc) use something called "pulse-width modulation". Basically it changes the amount and time length of light pulses coming out of the LED. Just search on Google for "Pulse Width Modulation" or "Infrared Transmitter Kit". You should be able to pull something up about it. Hope this helps.

--mindctrl

IR leds (remotes, etc) use something called "pulse-width modulation". Basically it changes the amount and time length of light pulses coming out of the LED. Just search on Google for "Pulse Width Modulation" or "Infrared Transmitter Kit". You should be able to pull something up about it. Hope this helps.

--mindctrl

Also, one more thing.

Try not to get too carried away with yourself. I think you might be having delusions of grandeur. This whole "infrared" lock thing would have been exploited a long time ago if it had been easily hackable. Even if it wasn't, it still would have happened. In fact, I bet that if you just take the time to google around, you'll probably pull some information on car alarm hackers that just scram through all the normal FM transmitters as fast as possible until you hear the car beep, and then it's time to go.

Some of the smarter car thieves have this. But then again, after you disable the alarm, you still have to either use a slidehammer to jack the ignition or just plain hotwire the car (providing it doesn't have either a Passlock (I or II) or a VATS system). So why not just make it easier on yourself and smash out the window, since you'll be tearing apart the dash anyways?

So why don't police and repo companies and locksmiths possess such a device? Maybe they do. But why? They could just as easily pick the lock. It's all really a matter of how "high tech" they want to get.

My advice: Don't bother. But if you really want to be Joe Cool and unlock your car with your PDA while hax0ring the White House and programming a robot to do your bidding, then just find out some information about pulse width modulation, figure out how to program the LED to flash on your PDA (might be a whole new project on it's own), and then write a program to scan through the possible pulses. I seriously doubt that they would have keyed the infrared to one pulse...... But it's possible, so who knows. Good luck.

hi skalski, im bak again, this time w/ some useful information :lol:

Looking at the picture of the PCB it is just a transmitter, no rolling codes.
You could connect a CRO to the led and read the code off the screen.

if this is true, i got a reeeealy simple way to do this. i once went to download.com and downloaded this program onto my PDA that took the code from a TV remote and let the pda use its IR port to control the tv. it worked great accept i had 2 be on top of the tv. if the code is simple as it sounds, that should hopefuly work.

If you are scared to work hard - go ahead and don't try to break the code....
...you could sell it to police and towing comanies.
...You COULD sell it to the auto Mafia
...You coulde also sell it to Locksmiths

yeah... we could do so many things...most of them are to do something creative, proudly show it to friends and family and do no harm to anyone.

but...what can you do?
ask people to waste their time and resources trying to brake law?
ask them to crack design of one of the biggest and ritchest companies in the world? for you?
for some lazy dude from the internet who doesn't know first thing on security and wants to become multimilioner by breaking into other people cars
and selling to mafia? go to school and learn something usefull...
where are moderators on this forum? why is this tread still here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back