Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

old article in popular electronics....milliohmeter

Status
Not open for further replies.

ret

many years ago...sometime in the '70s or early '80s I think...I built a milliohmeter project from an article in a magizine. Pretty shure it was Popular electronics. Used it for awhile and stowed it away and forgot about it for a long time. Needed it the other day and dug it out, but I've forgotten how to calibrate it. It was a rather involved zeroing process which I had typed out on a label and affixed to the case, but alas a hungry mouse ate the instructions and now I have neither the instructions or the schematic. Anybody remember such an article??? I tried looking for Popular Electronics archives but had no luck....probably because I'm such a dummy when it comes to computer usage.

I do remember a project like that and recall it used a 6 volt regulator (7806). I actally purchased some of the parts but never got to build it. I might have the article put away somewhere - I'll take a look sometime on the weekend.

Just for fun I googled on milliohm meter 7806 and this came up -
https://www.dontronics.com/cirplist.html

You might find the article there.

I also googled on milliohm adapter and found some things - including a magazine article that appears to recent to be what you and I might recall but the search might turn up what you want.

I think I have that article in PE. I will take a look later today.

milliohmeter

The milliohmeter project I,m looking for had no active components (transistors, voltage regulators ect) strictly resistors, pots, switches and a one milliamp meter. It measured one ohm full scale or point-one ohm full scale.

Hope this is It.

If So, Let me know and I'll Upload the rest of it.

Attachments

• oct1970-1.jpg
    oct1970-1.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 851
Just a Follow-up.

RET: emailed me. Yes this is the one. I sent him the instructions in an email.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back