Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

No hassle spellchecker

Has this helped you?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

1st Mil-tech

:idea:
Google has under its option a tool for doing spelling.
It shows up as the word check and a green check mark with the letters in small print above it that contain the letters ABC. You click on that button, and it will turn your topic page blue with misspelled words in red and underlined.

You then do a right click on those words and it will even allow you to ad technical words that it doesn't recognize. But just don't add if you don't know what the correct spelling is :oops:
. There are many electronic glossaries on the web that you can copy from and keep as a reference when you need to look up a word. :)

You should use it to look up how the word "hassle" is spelt. By the way, this probably belongs in the ****-chat forum.

Brian

No Hassle spelling

Brian, Your right, but I thought spelt was a food (noun) and spelled was a verb?
Sorry I just had to do that. LOL I stand corrected

What is Spelt?

SOURCE: Purity Foods
More Than Superior Taste
Spelt is more than just a nutritious product. The whole grain flour is the perfect answer for those people who want to eat good, tasty whole grain products. Organic, unbleached spelt flour is the same grain with most of the bran (fiber) removed, and nothing added....

I requested it be changed to ****-chat. Thanks

Perhaps you both mean svelt, which means slender or slim.
can "Hassle" be svelt? Most people think hassles are big. (i.e. "This is a BIG hassle") So, I guess a hassle usually isn't slim or slender. Well, maybe slight might work. "This is a slight hassle". Slight can be substituted for slim, so a hassle can be svelt. I'll start using the phrase "This is a svelt hassle" when something is annoying me but only slightly so.

heathtech said:
Perhaps you both mean svelt, which means slender or slim.
can "Hassle" be svelt? Most people think hassles are big. (i.e. "This is a BIG hassle") So, I guess a hassle usually isn't slim or slender. Well, maybe slight might work. "This is a slight hassle". Slight can be substituted for slim, so a hassle can be svelt. I'll start using the phrase "This is a svelt hassle" when something is annoying me but only slightly so.

:lol:

BTW, aren't spelt and spelled both correct?

But what do I know, I'm "French"...

Man, everyone on this forum must sideline as English professors. Maybe we should start assigning grades to each post based on grammar and spelling. I would be a D student at best. ROFL :p

you all gotta remeber to be an engineer one of the pre-resiquents is shite english and abysmal spelling

if you can write and spell you are either NOT an engineer or have been in hte industry soo long writing reports and such it finally sinks in

Reminds me of a glorious movie of the past, 'My Fair Lady', the starting was 'Why can't the english teach their children how to speak'.

When I was learning HTML for the first time, I wrote a very simple web page which was supposed to have coloured text and centred images. For the absolute life of me, I could NOT work out why my coloured text was black and my centred images were stuck to the left.

Hours of careful pondering later, I realised the flaw in my code - I'd used english spelling, and HTML is an American language!!! Oh how I cursed the Americans that day. I changed my colours to color and my centres to center - it worked!

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back