Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help with these wires.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dumbguy123

No clue where to ask this so I figure I'll post here.

My phone seems to have a rare port for headphones, it took me over a week to find one and finaly on some weird chinese website I found some that would work, only problem was they where super low quality and they broke after 2 or 3 days. Now I have the wire still but there is no speakers, so I was wondering if there was a way I could make a female 3.5mm stereo port using these wires? If so how would I go about doing that?

**broken link removed**

No clue where to ask this so I figure I'll post here.

My phone seems to have a rare port for headphones, it took me over a week to find one and finaly on some weird chinese website I found some that would work, only problem was they where super low quality and they broke after 2 or 3 days. Now I have the wire still but there is no speakers, so I was wondering if there was a way I could make a female 3.5mm stereo port using these wires? If so how would I go about doing that?

**broken link removed**

There are 3 connections in a free ended stereo socket, the ground, the left, and the right.
The outer braid or screening, in the 2 wires you have gets twisted together, then soldered to the ground, the other two go to each other connection in the socket. Then you can plug your headphones into the socket, and the cable into the phone.

rgds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back