Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

need help for robote

Status
Not open for further replies.

anoop jangra

hi friends, i am making a robote, i want to use bdlc motors in it(because i have a number of such motors) but i havn't the controller ckt needed for it. can anyone help me how to make controllers for bldc motors

BLDC motor drivers are a bit confusing especially if you know nothing about brushed motor drivers. First you have to learn how a half-bridge works to drive the motor and how to drive the half bridge (gate drivers and how to switch the high-side transistors). If you can't grasp a half-bridge then you won't get anywhere with a BLDC motor driver since they are quite a bit more complicated than a brushed motor driver. If you understad brushed motor drivers then you probably know half-bridges.

After you've figured that out, you need to learn how to switch the phases of a BLDC motor using the half-bridge to make it spin properly:
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2008/08/00885a_fundamentos_BLDC.pdf

And lastly you have to decide how you want to detect where the rotor is so you know when to switch each phaes. You can use sensors mounted on the motor or a sensorless scheme. This article shows the traditional scheme briefly and a proposed scheme. If you don't know what you are doing you should go with the traditional scheme in Figure 2.2B as it has less "gotchas".
https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2008/08/T.pdf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back