Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help for R/C receiver

Status
Not open for further replies.

stefan_mkd

Hey guys,

I have an r/c receiver for helicopter but unfortunately one part broke. It works, the motors and servos move, but i don't want to fly it like that because there might be a chance to damage it. Can you help me what to do? Here is a picture of the broken part. The numbers on that part are 5819.
**broken link removed** **broken link removed**

Last edited:
Hey,
I was flying the helli and lost control. When i picked it up one motor was not working properly and i heard that there was something banging inside the receiver. When i opened it one part (the black square) was out. So i welded it:S, and the only part left to fix is this one.

btw the link is science fiction to me :).

Another question, Is there a similar substitute for this part?

Hmm - sounds like the part overheated and the solder joints melted (while the part cracked from overheat and stress); you soldered it back in place, but I doubt it will work long in the condition it is in. What I linked to was the datasheet for the SMD (surface mount device) version of the 1n5819 diode; you just need to look that up on Mouser or Digikey, and purchase one or more (I would actually buy a few - it won't matter shipping-wise, and you might want to replace that other one and have a few on-hand for future needs - they probably don't cost much):

Digi-Key - 1N5819HW-FDICT-ND (Manufacturer - 1N5819HW-7-F)

48 cents each, or 10 for three dollars and some change - get the ten...

As far as a substitute, you would have to look at the datasheet and see if you can use something similar from a place like Radio Shack or Frys Electronics - you may be able to find something similar. But why, I just gave you the link above; put in the quantity, click "add to order", and check out...

On your part, there is a line - this represents the cathode side of the diode (it is polarity dependent!); some parts have a dot or an indentation to represent this side; you won't know until you have the new part in-hand. On the PCB, the silkscreen should show something similar to indicate which side is the cathode and which is a anode; you need to install it properly in order for it to work. Now, I don't know if you re-installed the one that fell off properly, or if it is no longer acting like a diode - you may have got lucky (50/50 chance), or it is just acting as a piece of wire or solder bridge (because it overheated and failed). Note that you shouldn't try to just bridge the pads with a piece of wire or something; that diode is there for a purpose - if the designer had wanted to not use a diode, believe me, they would've (it would have saved them a lot of money over 10 thousand units, say) - so don't do it; replace it with the proper part.

Note - I am assuming this part is a diode; its the closest thing I could find that matches your pics, sizes, and number on the part...

:)

Thanks a lot. Btw i did not sold the other part by my own, i went to an electric shop and they sold it. Before purchase sth from the internet i will go again to some electric shops here and see if i can get any help. And i had some issues with the shipping. I cannot get the shipping price to Macedonia, Skopje zip 1000. I would be very thankful if you could help me out with the price. Thanks a lot Stefan

EDIT: I found the same diode in my local electronics shop and i just tried it at home but one motor does not work. Probably the part that overheated is broken. Here is a picture of that part

**broken link removed**

this is written on that part "apm4412 xk6fn"

can you please help me

Last edited:
Yes - that part is most likely this:

APM4412K pdf, APM4412K description, APM4412K datasheets, APM4412K view ::: ALLDATASHEET :::

An "N-Channel Enhancement Mode MOSFET" manufactured by this company: Anpec Electronics Corporation

Unfortunately, they aren't stocked by either Digikey or Mouser; maybe Farnell or RS can source it? You might have to get in contact with Anpec to see if they can recommend a distributor of there products in or near your country (sometimes these companies have their own independent distributor network, rather than selling it to the "big boys", because they can't make a profit otherwise or something). Its a good sign that it is at least a part that has a datasheet for it publicly available - that means its a part that was or is available to the "open market", and not a custom device or anything made just for the company that made the RC module. So you have at least a snowball's chance in hell of getting it.

I can't help you any further, though; you might find it easier simply replacing the entire unit, instead of going part-by-part and hoping to get lucky; not really worth the time or effort, IMHO...

:)

Replacing the whole unit will cost around 70$, i will try this one as the last option. If it does not work i will defiantly replace it. Thanks a lot again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back