Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Need help designing a laser trip alarm receiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsMike

Hey guys,

I'm trying to make a laser trip alarm but i'm having problems designing the receiver.

I want to ASK modulate (with constant '1') the laser beam on some frequency so the receiver's input signal should look like a "clock" signal when the beam hits the sensor and obviously nothing when it doesn't hit the sensor.

I though of using a notch pass filter on that frequency but I'm thinking there must be some better way.
I was thinking of using an oscillator on the receiver and sampling the input signal with it, but what happens if the frequency isn't dead even ?

How do all those IR receivers do it ?

Thanks in advance,
Mike.

Last edited:
hi,
Whats the distance of light path.?

I don't know, I think at least 25 meters.
Why is that relevant btw ?

I want to break the light with mirrors though, so the actual distance between receiver and transmitter is about 5 meters (I already though of using same clock for both circuits).

Last edited:
BUMP, anyone knows ?

Why not modulate the IR laser with say 38KHz or 40KHz and use an off the shelf TSOP receiver.

I cannot see why you think you need a clock for simple beam break detect.??

Attachments

• TSOP34838.pdf
    193.4 KB · Views: 277
Last edited:
I couldn't find an IR Laser anywhere, so I thought I'd use a plain red one.

I wanted to modulate it so random light won't trigger the receiver sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back