Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Music video

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nigel Goodwin

Super Moderator
Most Helpful Member
Just for a change, instead of an MP3, here's a video clip, it's 320x240 at 340Kbps, and 9.7MB. It's my daughters band playing "Time Is Running Out by Muse", recorded live at a recent gig (they were the first of four bands on). It was recorded by me, with a handheld Sony DCR-HC18E, I'm amazed how good the audio is, generally I've found camcorder audio really poor, but this one is great!.

www.in-between.co.uk/video/tiro1.wmv

I'd be pleased to hear any comments?.

If anyone wants the full size WMV file?, it's 720x576, 1.7Mbps, and 48MB.

EDIT: full size file (48MB) now uploaded at:

www.in-between.co.uk/video/tiro.wmv

If you're using dial-up, don't click on the link :)

Last edited:
ElectroMaster said:
WOW! Your daughter is very good. Did the band write that song?

No, they didn't write that one, it's from a UK band called Muse, who are also a three piece band.

They had a half hour slot at the gig, and performed five original songs, and four covers - choice was mainly down to what they could sing - both Melissa and Charlie (the guitarist and other singer) had been off school with bad throats. They don't do bad for a young band, Melissa and Charlie are 15 years old, and the drummer Tom is only 14 years old - they put on a good professional gig!.

Next gig is Saturday 20th May, for the official opening of "North Wingfield Community Resource Centre", they have got an hour slot there, and we have to provide all the gear as well - so I'll be doing my 'sound engineer' bit :)

Might be some pictures in the local paper?, as the local MP is going to be there.

Dr.EM said:
Great, really good performance, well rehearsed. Definately a great singing voice.

Thanks very much, and she plays complicated bass while she sings!.

"well rehearsed" - probably not?, they don't get the chance to do a lot of rehearsing, but they are good enough to 'pull it off'. Melissa and Charlie seem to have a 'mental link', they seem to know what the other one is going to do? (Tom the drummer does what he's told, or gets thumped - it's the ONLY way to treat drummers!).

As an example, a couple of weeks ago I brought Charlie up to our house, and got the PA down in the back yard - as they have an upcoming gig as a duo, just guitar and bass and their two vocals. So they rehearsed in the back yard, just DI'd into the PA and a pair of mikes, and during a quiet moment Charlie started playing "Sweet Dreams Are Made Of This", so Melissa started singing it - after a couple of verses Melissa said she didn't know the words, so I went and down loaded the lyrics for her, and also managed to find the track on a compilation CD. So they had a quick listen to the CD, Melissa read the words, and they went through it. They then went through it again, and this time Melissa played bass as well as singing - it was that easy, it took perhaps 10 minutes from neither of them ever having played it, to a really great performance.

Anyway, moral of this story, first run through with bass added, part way through they both turned to each other at EXACTLY the same moment, and their body language said "what happens next?" - it was just so readable! - but they both carried on without missing a beat!.

BTW, I've uploaded a couple more of their songs from the same gig:

Patriot

and

New Look Girl

These are two songs of their own, Patriot is about the stupidity of 'Political Correctness', and how we can't fly the English flag in England! - one of Melissa's. New Look Girl was the last song of the gig, and the lyrics are mainly Charlie's - Melissa doesn't do lovey type songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back