Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Multi mobile network

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonaiko

in my country there r 2 good mobile networks. And i have two sim cards [that small chip that i put inside the mobile] one of each network.

I want to use 1 mobile phone to hold both the sim cards. How can i do that? I mean, if sm1 calls me on the # of network A the phone rings. Also if sm1 rings me on the # of the network B the phone rings also without me having to switch cards either by software or hardware, or turn off the mobile. I mean the phone must take 2 sim cards at the same time.

Is there a possible way to do that?

Sebi said:
Some types can handle 2 SIM cards...

but i have to turn off the mobile to switch between them! no i want them both to work and recieve calls same time.

I recently read in a magzine of SIM duplicators. It mentioned of cpying several sims into 1. This device might help. But it is not worth buying. See if a mobile repair and service guy has it. They shall copy it for you for a samll fee. It shall take not more than 10 min.

I read recently read an article inthe newspaper about the danders of leaving the mobile at the shop. They might clone your SIM. So the bill of the cloned SIM shall be sent to you. I do not know how safe it is to leave a SIMless mobile. The operators are also known to steal serial numbers.

There are some twin sim adaptors for nokia's but the continued trend towards smaller handsets has made third party add-ons somewhat difficult.

https://www.mobilefun.co.uk/product/1581.htm
Google for a local link if not in the UK

sonaiko said:
nope. thats not what i want. I dont want the turn ON OFF thing.

So you want a phone that works on two networks?, with two different numbers?, at the same time?.

I wouldn't have thought it's possible? - technically I see no reason why you couldn't build a phone to do that (although I doubt any existing ones will?), but it would reply on the phone companies supporting it - which isn't going to happen!.

i agree with Nigel. this sounds crazy. and if you have studied GSM networks and mobiles in general you would know that this cant happen. if this would have been possible you would have got alot of products from google. there are SIM cards that can have many connections in one but they cant be simultaneously active.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back