Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

move a step motor at the right time

Status
Not open for further replies.

hippy

Hi there!
I need to move a step motor when the time is equal to the timer that the user have been set (up to 4 timers fro every day).
Well, what PIC should I use?
I also need help on the circuit part!

Thx you all.

There are tons of application notes from various microelectronics companies on how to control DC motors. Start there.

Also, read this.

Last edited:
thx for the reply. I do know that there are a lot of type of controls, but I am looking for a specific one that I could store 4 different timers, a whatch to be running and comparing to the timers and if they are equal the motor would be turned on! Oh, of course the timers must be set and the time should be shown in some display.
By that, how can I find what PIC should I use?
Thx.

Thx again man!
This will be really helpful. May you assist me some more?
I need a buton to select what time (only 1) or timer (up to 4) to adjust.
One buton for Adjust.
One to move up.
One to move down.
One to save.
And I need to compare these timers with the time, is it the comparator? Do I really need 4?

Thx for all, if I am been to noob pls let me know...

No, the comparator module compares analog voltages and gives a digital output. What you're talking about is handled by logic in your software.

What language do you plan to use to program the PIC?

I have never programed for a micro controler before using C, I have done using assembler long time ago. Nowadays I program using C for others aplications.
thx for the link.
I have download the software to compile the program, but still dont know what PIC to use!

I have not, what is it?
Did you mean MPLAB? If so have downloaded and read about it works.

Last edited:
Oh I see, I have seen this link, but I still do not know how to filter for my needs. Such as:
I/O: for my application will be 6 enough?
Comparators: don't know how many.
I need a diplay output, where do I choose it?
How much EEPROM? I have no idea..
:-(

Well, explain exactly what the project is that you're working on. Reading your previous posts, I'm not just I get the gist of what you're trying to accomplish.

Ok! I am building a automatic feeder for my dog.
So I need a time to be shown, a 4 timer to be compared to the time and at the right time a motor will turn a mechanical stuff t push the food to the dog.
I need some buttons to set the time, and set the timers, a display to show the time and set it.
Basicaly it!

This project is very doable, but it won't necessarily be easy for a novice. You will need to learn a bunch of fundamental microcontroller concepts and work your way up to it.

I think you'll only need 2 timers for this. One to keep track of time-of-day and one to time how long the dispenser motor runs for. Dealing with the preset times to dispense food will be dealt with in your firmware. You'll only need a handful of digital I/O ports for the buttons. The display is not so straight forward. Are you planning to use a LCD screen? Or just seven-segment digits? Or something else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back