Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Motor Constants

Status
Not open for further replies.

dknguyen

Most Helpful Member
EDIT: Got the answer to my confusing DC motor question from staring at this long enough:
**broken link removed**

THese are all the weird things (at least in my mind) that I concluded:

THe most important thing:
-there's a difference between linearity (y=mx+b) and proportionality (y = mx +0)! all proportional things are linear, but not all linear things are proportional!

-no-load speed is proportional to voltage, but loaded speed increases linearily with voltage
-current is only dependent on torque
-increase motor voltage by a factor X for a constant speed or constant torque load increases the output for that load by the difference between the no-load speeds of the two voltages (not proportionally or linearily). It also increase the maximum power that can be drawn from the motor (ie. for another much larger load) by a factor of X^2.

Just thought I'd post this in case some other person comes along and couldn't seem to piece together everything properly in their mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back