Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

minute counter for pic

Status
Not open for further replies.

norman king

I am looking for the easiest way for a pic (16F877) to count minutes while doing something else..I use a Microengineering picbasic pro compiler and dont care much for assembler...however if its the only way...I have never used interrupts before so maybe I have to begin now , unless somebody knows some tricks. In fact what I want to do is track a charging or discharging battery voltage and knowing the charge or discharge current (which I maintain constant) I can work out the charge the battery has supplied or accepted...provided I know for how many minutes its been connected. Is it a better idea to connect the pic to a real time clock chip and poll it at fixed intervals using for example an I2C bus ? (the pic basic pro compiler has I2C I/O commands).
All suggestions will be gratefully received.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back