Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

minarik DC control motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnybody

Hi,

I just looked at a DC motor control unit that wasnt working. After some checkout, I identified a couple of parts that was shorted, like a Diode and a scr.
The only number I have about the diode is:071-0039 and the scr is:072-0043.
These number give nothing on digi-key or other electronic distributor.Its in a to-220 (the diode and the scr) and they are rated 800V 20A. on the bottom of the case there is the number A4 and (the diode and the scr) and a sign of a T and the top part is wavy.

Im askingy for your help!

Thanks a lot

Jonathan, Electronic technologist

The wavy T is for Teccor.

Try Teccor S8020 and D8020 with isolated tabs if there were no insulators between them and the heat sink.

thanks

Hi,

Well, thanks you very much. You didnt you find out? now the only thing is to see if its pin to pin compatible. And you resolve a stupid question I was asking, Why the third pin on the diode To-220 pack have been cut! Coz there no connection. And Ill have to do some reverse engenering to see if the pin of the replacement parts are good. Look at the diagram...

AC input White----------- K A (diode) ----------circuit
black------------- K A (diode) ------------circuit

What would be the purpose of this?

Without a photo it's hard to figure. I used to fix some Minarik controllers to assist in troubleshooting production problems. At that point in time, the OEM parts were pin for pin compatible with the standard Teccor parts. The controllers in question used two SCR's and two diodes in a bridge to provide phase control to the motor which also had a flywheel diode across it. One half of the bridge blown, one SCR and one diode, was the typical failure mode after a motor wire was pinched and grounded.

Last edited:
Problem

Hi,

I just replace the 3 diode and the 2 SCR. Now the fuse doesnt blow, but the motor doesnt turn. There is no output voltage. I know there is a lot of jumper, like for inhnibit mode, but even after trying different combinasion, nothing came out. The power LED goesnt on....

Im sure its something about a jumper or something stupid like that.
Im on 120V. output is set of 90. and I set the input V sw at 115.

Hello,

I am in need of the part# 071-0039 as well. We have the Teccor part# S8020 but my tech said that it won't work. Is there any way I can get a spec sheet on the original part so I can give it to my tech to compare with the S8020?

This is a legacy thread, but Digikey carry all the Teccor subs needed for these SCR bridge controllers.
Max.

Problem

Hi,

I just replace the 3 diode and the 2 SCR. Now the fuse doesnt blow, but the motor doesnt turn. There is no output voltage. I know there is a lot of jumper, like for inhnibit mode, but even after trying different combinasion, nothing came out. The power LED goesnt on....

Im sure its something about a jumper or something stupid like that.
Im on 120V. output is set of 90. and I set the input V sw at 115.
Hello Jhony, I'm looking for src 072-0043, but there is no information about this component. I would like to know if the replacement S8020 works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back