Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LTspice frustration: rotating/mirroring symbols

Status
Not open for further replies.

carbonzit

Sometimes I screw up. I admit it. I put a symbol in my LTspice circuit and it's oriented the wrong way. Luckily, I can use the "rotate" and "mirror" functions to move it around.

Unfortunately, the only way I know to select the object in order to rotate or mirror it is to use either "move" or "drag" (from the Edit menu), which means that I have to, well, either move or drag the symbol. Which is a drag, 'cause I don't want to move or drag it; I just want to mirror or rotate it.

The online help says that "sprited" objects can be rotated or mirrored, but of course it doesn't say what "sprited" means or how you get something to be sprited. (Damn those programmers who write software documentation!)

Any help here? The only workaround I know is to rotate or mirror the object before placing it.

Sprited is when the component is black, it's not in the schematic at that time it's 'in hand' so to speak, so you have to pick each component up mirror or rotate it and then place it back down, there is no other way. There are keyboard shortcuts that make this very easy to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back