Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

lm324

Status
Not open for further replies.

wael_73

plz any one can help me

Does anyone know if the LM324 is a good substitute for (ls404 and tlc274 ) or not ?

Does anyone know if an apple is a good substitute for oranges or bananas??

The lousy old LM324 has a couple of benefits that the slightly better LS404 hasn't.
The TLC274 has a couple of benefits that the LM324 hasn't.
The LM324 has a couple of benefits that the TLC274 hasn't.
The LS404 has a couple of benefits that the LM324 hasn't.

You see, it depends on what is important in the circuit and you forgot to show the circuit.

Well the Datasheets are easy to find
Here is a Comparrison

Attachments

• Comp Opamp.GIF
    Comp Opamp.GIF
    21.9 KB · Views: 1,391
Notice that the 3 different quad opamps look exactly the same.
Do you think they taste the same??

I think the ceramic DIPs taste better than the plastic DIPs, but that's just me. Lead free is good too.

You don't need to chew surface-mount ICs. Just swallow them whole while they are still alive.:D:D

You don't need to chew surface-mount ICs. Just swallow them whole while they are still alive.:D:D
I can't stand their little legs all wriggling at the same time when I do that.

At a food store my wife won the biggest lobster I have ever seen and tried to cook alive. But I won't say more about it here.:D

lm324 again

iam working in repair electronic card and i have ls404 and tlc274 in the card

iam asking is LM324 a good substitute for (ls404 and tlc274 ) because i don't have these ICs and I think one of them is fail so can I replace them by lm324

can any one tell me how can I detect if that ICs (ls404 and tlc274 ) are fail or not ?

Last edited:
It depends on the circuit.
An LM324 is very slow. The LS404 is faster than a very slow LM324.
The TLC274 is much faster.

The LM324 is a completely different quad opamp than the originals.

can any one tell me how can I detect if that ICs (ls404 and tlc274 ) are fail or not ?
If they are being used as plain old amplifiers, then the + & - inputs DC voltages should be near equal at all times and usually at half the supply voltage (Or zero if using dual supplies). Now if the + is higher than the - by more than say apx 10mV (You'll find this in the datasheet as the max input offset voltage) and the output is NOT near the supply (+) rail, then the opamp is defective. If it is near the (+) supply rail, then something else in the circuit is bad or the circuit is set up as a comparator. If the + is lower than the - by more than say apx 10mV (You'll find this in the datasheet as the max input offset voltage) and the output is NOT near the supply (-) rail, then the opamp is defective. If it is near the (-) supply rail, then something else in the circuit is bad or the circuit is set up as a comparator.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back