Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LM2676 and ON OFF pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scarr

Hi,
I am using a LM2676S-ADJ regulator, this reg has a ON/OFF pin that I would like to use reset my entire circuit via a PIC then have anice delayed power on giving a orderly startup again. I have put a RC on this pin but I am a bit worried that I will cause problems by setting the delay too long.

Any advice on how long I can hold this regulator off using the RC without causing problems with the regulator due to the RC?

The reason I'm asking is because I was looking at the LM2576 and this mentioned problems regarding long delays using a RC. Here on page 19 https://www.electro-tech-online.com/custompdfs/2005/03/LM2576.pdf and I wondered if this applied to the LM2676 also even though it's not mentioned in the LM2676 PDF

Thx

Unless you can find advice to the contrary it would be prudent to assume the same comments apply to both chips.

Why not ask National customer support, or whatever they call themselves, by email.

You can modify the undervoltage lockout recommendation. With an additional capacitor realised the desired delay without ripple injection.

Attachments

• buck_208.gif
    buck_208.gif
    6.7 KB · Views: 1,303
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back