Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

led MATRIX CURRENT DRAW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boy lots of info. They are using the same RF module I an using but I am not going to use a coder/decoder.
I am still hung up on using a 7555. Need to research the capture mode on a pic.
Simplistic idea =
for x = 0 to 100
if PORTB=1 then
count = count +1
next
if count <= 100 then sw1 = 1
or
count >= 500 then sw2=1

This is where I am headed. sw1 = 200 pulses in 100ms(depending on how long 0-100 takes)
sw2 = 500 pulses
I know its not correct but I was thinking CASE statements. If I use else I might have an issue if the receiver receives too many 0's.
Hopefully you get my drift??

7555 connections I have not seen?

Lets look at a 7555 60-100ua at 2v Not much if I recall different than say a PIC
The picture has the output connected to the timing resistor for a 50% duty cycle. Never seen it done that way.

MrDeb here the thing a 16 year old boy riding a bike with this on this head back or bike don't no. Now he is in the right lane he going to change to the left lane and turn left, But the signal shows he is turning right.

That can happen without some way to make sure your getting the right data from the right radio transmitter.

Yea that is possiable. I am looking at both paths, a 7555 or a pic. Was even considering DTMF. In the mean time I am writing code for the PIC to receive thus test out the code using a 555 but will look at other avenues.

I'm not saying you couldn't make it work some how, But you need three things to happen
1 the receiver needs to no for sure it has the right signal.
2 I takes no less then 3 samples to make sure it sets the right pin high
3 if error it starts back at step 1.

I have am open to ANY options. If we worry about boundaries all the time then you might as well live in a cardboard box.
New ideas and concepts have no boundaries. Only boundary is ones imagination.
If you look at the Manchester code, it is basically just a pulse train. The chances of an exact or close pulse train say 11khz on a 433mhz carrier is pretty slim IMO but then maybe not??

There lot of chances that things could go wrong and Manchester not just a Pulse train your able to encode with it. which could be done with out it. Using simple 2400 serial would give you away to check for error and Id.

And yes you need because your making something to wear that could get some one killed or hurt and even if it didn't they still could blame you you. And believe you me people
are out to get you

It like this if i was in a mall and you came there and I even seen you I wouldn't no you,But if I told you too wave your arm six time take a break for six seconds then wave six time till I find you. Now there two people waving what do I wait till they stop and see which one starts waving after six seconds.

Last edited:
Am going to try Manchester first using a Tap-28 for the transmitter and my 18F4520 w/ the matrix attached to board for receiver.
I just need to get to it. Had scouting for food drive this morning then LOML wanted to put up the new blinds we purchased in Missoula. Am tired already. Terrible getting old.

Here you go mrdeb all you need to know https://www.scribd.com/doc/98700331/Wireless-Radio-Frequency-Module-Using-PIC-Microcontroller
74 pages even Jon would like that Link, Over kill but It's a great read.

I guess I like having enough details to know what I'm doing and if I'm sharing stuff with others, I like to provide enough information that it may fit their situation even if it's slightly different than mine. "Blue" might be the answer this time but understanding why it's not "7" may be more useful in the future. And of course, nobody will understand what I'm talking about, but I've tried. Rather than give a man a fish or teach a man to fish, I'm just going to hog all the smoked salmon to myself and watch the rest of the train wreck in comfort with a glass of wine in-hand.

Just for the record MrDEB, unless you can prove and demonstrate that your RF link is error-free, probably best not to let others even see the design. One flat kid blinking left while turning right would really make a mess of things.

I was at church and another scenario occurred to me!! BAM a flash from the sky!!
two bike riders riding together, one wants to turn left while the other wants to turn right. IF I USED MY LAME IDEA of a pulse train using say a 7555, the RF from one would send the wrong info to the other receiver. NOT acceptable.
Now question : I was wondering IF there is a statement that will convert say %00000011 to 3 or %11111111 to 255. Not real necessary but would make programming each transmitter / receiver combo easier and fewer errors if one bit is out of place. Thought about a const array with 256 8bit bytes.
basically same idea JonSea posted

Jon there two kind of people who read this stuff those who half way Know what they need to make there project work, These people don't most time want to spend a hour finding what they need to no by reading stuff they Know.

Then you have them that have on idea what they need to get started. those are the ones that want a book.

Now really there are more then two kinds but how you deal with them is up to you

Now question : I was wondering IF there is a statement that will convert say %00000011 to 3 or %11111111 to 255. Not real necessary but would make programming each transmitter / receiver combo easier and fewer errors if one bit is out of place. Thought about a const array with 256 8bit bytes.
basically same idea JonSea posted

Huh? Please don't credit me for whatever you're trying to say in this sentence. I think some key concepts have gone missing. A nice hard-wired control might be more reliable for you.....

Lol. You can use % $ and decimal
$FF
%111111111

Last edited:
I think you missed the point on the %11111111 conversion. I can't just use 255, I am under the impression I must use the %11111111 version of 255??. Correct me if I am wrong.
Lets say I am programming a combo transmitter/receiver unit. By inserting into the code say %10110111 for the transmitter but use %10110110 for the receiver, the pair won't work as desired.
switch1 = %11111000 but instead of using the long version of %11111000 I use 248 in the code (think I got that right?). Don't I need to use the actual 8 bit byte for the code to work? or use a const array w/ 255 entries then sw1(248). Hope you get my drift.

I don't need to convert from decimal to binary to use? I though that the PIC had to use binary for processing bytes.

No The compiler handles that for you
ConstArray(ArraySize) as byte = (1, 2, 10, 20, 100),

Last edited:
Will give it a go.
Been busy trying to purchase a computer for my wife. Has to be touchscreen and easy to use.
Bought a scratch n dent TELIKIN for $449 new. Regular price is $699
Its all screen menu designed for seniors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back