Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Led Chaser help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

wirestripper

"Cyclone" game help!!!!
Trying to recreate the "cyclone" game you find in arcades using: 32 LEDs, 4 - 4017 decade counters, and a 555. The circuit is currently wired in a way that, when powered, there are 4 lights traveling around the 32 LEDs arranged in a circle, but I originally had wanted it designed so that only one light travels around the circle, and have been failing miserably at achieving this. I was additionally confused as to how to wire the circuit so that when the "player" lands on a particular color light, there would be a counter that would count up the points (3 for landing on red, 1 for yellow, 1 for green). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I've been attempting this for days!!!. Thank You!

A schematic of your circuit would be very helpful as my Chinese made crystal ball is on the blink of late.

I dont see how you can have only 1 led with the 4 x 4017 without some logic gating to each block of leds for each 4017.

For example as the first 4017 cascades to the second 4017 then the first block of leds need to be switched off by the leds anode or cathode pins and then the same for the second to third 4017, until all the counters are reset and the cycle repeats.

This project would be much easier to do with a micro controller, so a count could be done of clock output pulses to the 4017's and a logic lookup table used to determine the actual score.

Are the leds in any repeditive colour patten, if so then you could run a second counter to determine the score

Example, green, yellow, red, patten, then every third pulse would be a red led so all you need to do is count to 3 and reset, then when the game stops if a 3 is high on the counter, then add 3 to the score if not add 1 to the score.

More information will allow better answers.

Pete.

The datasheet for most makes of the CD4017 have a schematic showing how to easily cascade as many of them as you want. Then you can have a chaser with millions of LEDs and it might take a long time to chase through all of them.

You can use diodes to have more than one LED lighted at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back