Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD Screen Cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericgibbs

Most Helpful Member
hi,
From the web I saw a number of ways of cleaning a LCD screen using various non proprietary products.
There are so many conflicting and incomplete do's and don'ts on how to clean a LCD screen.

I tried a modified version of the white vinegar and distilled water method on three PC , LCD screen's with no problems and got a clean, streak free finish

IMPORTANT:
Always try a small area of the LCD screen first, say in the corner of the screen, to check that if this cleaning method will be suitable for your LCD.

Many LCD screens are not glass but are a flexible plastic membrane which are designed not to be touched.
So apply the lightest possible pressure that will remove any spots/marks without deforming the membrane.

Attachments

• LCD_Screen_Clean1.txt
    2.2 KB · Views: 143
I have always had my best results with distilled water and white vinegar. I keep a mix in a spray bottle labeled accordingly. Also a soft cloth like cotton seems to work well with the mix as to being lint free.

Now for a serious job? Get out the power belt sander and coarse emery! :)

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back