Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LCD Input Formats

Status
Not open for further replies.

iso9001

Hi.

I dont know much about LCDs. But I'm looking to find out what a specific format of an color LCD I have is.

I have no part number and I cant open it up. All I can see is that there are 9 wires going in, but I think this is an input set AND an output set.

I have 2 conenctors (4+5) that make this:

Red
Green
Blue
White

Red/Black
Green/Black
Blue/Black
White/Black
Purple

The obvious guess would be that it is some kind of RGB deal. However, I'm not sure about the White wire on each set.... maybe an alpha wire ?

This LCD was taken from a larger unit that I think went in an car.

Ideas ?

Nobody known what the white wire does ???

I read up a little an I doubt its alpha... does RGB need a Sync wire ?

I think I might have found it, I think it might be the same as VGA or some form or it anyway

Red Video
Green Video
Blue Video
Horizontal Sync
Vertical Sync
Red GND
Green GND
Blue GND
Sync GND

Does that make sense that an automotive LCD would use the same video form as VGA ???

iso9001 said:
I think I might have found it, I think it might be the same as VGA or some form or it anyway

Red Video
Green Video
Blue Video
Horizontal Sync
Vertical Sync
Red GND
Green GND
Blue GND
Sync GND

Does that make sense that an automotive LCD would use the same video form as VGA ???

You're really asking that the wrong way round, it should be "does it make sense that VGA uses the same connections as an RGB monitor".

As VGA is just an RGB monitor, it makes perfect sense to use similar connections.

RGB monitors predate VGA by many years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back