Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LC Parallel resonance induction heater

Consider parallel LC resonance induction circuit with solid iron workpiece, inserted in the inductor. Is it possible to obtain more heat power output from the heated solid iron workpiece in the inductor, compared to the electrical power consumed in an LC parallel resonance induction circuit?

Is it possible as a result, the electrical power input to LC circuit to be, for example, 100 watts, the heat power generated from the the heated solid iron workpiece to be higher, say 200 watts or more, depending on the efficiency of the system and the characteristics of the load?

I_L Is the current flowing through inductor.
I_In is the input current to the LC circuit.

Lets say (Parallel LC resonance), First I prepare the inductor and the workpiece , then i switch capacitors in parallel until I reach resonance state, so that the input current become very low (Very high ratio of I_L/I_in ).

Thank you.

No matter how you describe it, the coil plus workpiece effectively form a transformer with a shorted (extremely low impedance) secondary.

You only get power out - into the load / workpiece - if you put power in, regardless of any resonance effects.

Radio transmitters (among other things) often use coupled tuned circuits to transfer large amounts of power - the characteristics of such circuits are very well known & there are no magic effects because of this, end of story.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back