Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

LC filter for DC motor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boris

Hi everybody!
I built couple drivers for DC motors.(use motors 3-5 V from POLOLU).Works very good,but motor makes noise for RF devices.I know a lot of schematics of filtrs ,but I want to know your opinions and your expiriens in this field.
I 'll appriciative if somebody give me diagrams.
Thank's

I'd use shorter wiring with more high frequency decoupling capacitors and snubbers before I would try placing anything else in series with the motor- that's expensive and lossy. You can also try increasing the rise and fall times of the MOSFETs in the driver.

Last edited:
HF decoupling caps at the motor.

twist the wires as tight as you can

put ferrite emi beads at both ends

That thing is a bit of a dinosaur. It takes up to 70mA from your main supply and up to 36mA from your logic supply just to steal up to 5V from your motor!

I'd use shorter wiring with more high frequency decoupling capacitors and snubbers before I would try placing anything else in series with the motor- that's expensive and lossy. You can also try increasing the rise and fall times of the MOSFETs in the driver.

Correction. Faster rise and fall times make more RF noise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back